Friday, October 8, 2010

Late One Night

I got to thinking about things, and the way they are, and the way they used to be, and the way I wish they were, and the way I used to wish they would be. One part of me was arguing that I should just go to bed and then this other part of me wanted a snack, like maybe a piece of toast with butter and jam. I could hear the cars passing by my window and I wondered where all of these people were going, or more like where they were coming from, because at this hour I figured most of them were just going home. That's where I was: home. Then I thought about the concept of "home", and how it took me so long to understand it. Then I thought: Popcorn. I'm in the mood for popcorn. But, of course, I didn't have any popcorn. I even considered walking over to the 24-hour grocery store to buy some, but then I talked myself out of it and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment